Sites that jump out of floatbox??

Page: 1

Author Post
netslider
So, I tried to add newport-news.com and when I click on the link.. the window expands to a floatbox as usual.. then automatically jumps to that site in the full window.. is this because of the hyphen? How can I get around this? Thanks!!
Administrator
Newport-news.com has got frame-buster javascript code on each of their pages. This code checks to see if the page is running inside an iframe and, if it is, busts out of the iframe and loads itself in the top window. Some web site owners/admins have decided that they don't ever want their content to run inside an iframe on someone else's site and they put this code in to prevent that. The New York Times is another example of a site that does this with all their pages. There's nothing you can do about it. You cannot run an external page that has frame-buster code on it inside a floatbox iframe.

There are minor variations on the frame-buster code used, but they're all pretty similar. In the case of newport-news, the code looks like this:
if (top.location != self.location) {
top.location = self.location.href
}
netslider
Well, that makes perfect sense then. I wish they had told me but I really just deal with those in the marketing depts .. Thanks a mil

Page: 1