Excel, Power Point Viewer

Page: 1

Author Post
quim
I tested your control with PDF and VSD (Visio) and it was a surprise when I saw that it support what others did not.
However, I was trying to show also Excel Files and Power Point presentations. I believe this is not related to your control but with Microsoft viewers. I don't know why but Visio viewer allows web support but it seems that Excel and PowerPoint Viewers don't. Did you try anything like this already?
Regards
Administrator
There's not really any support for office docs etc. in floatbox. Anything that's not an image, flash, quicktime, ajax or inline will be loaded as an iframe. If the browser is capable of rendering the referenced content in a web page, then it will be displayed in that iframe. There's no difference between the 'support' for this type of content and what you get when just typing paths to such content into your brower's address bar.

I suppose it would be ok to load this sort of content within the confines of an organizations private Intranet where all the client browsers are controlled and configured the same. But out in the wild different people's browsers will respond quite differently to this non-html content based on what they have installed on their machines and how that stuff is configured. For some folks it will open up the office application and load the referenced document. Others will get a download prompt. Others will display the content within the browser. But its not standardized behaviour and it is contingent upon the presence of external helper programs. Floatbox supports images, flash, quicktime and html. That's it.
quim
Ok. Thanks

Page: 1