Quicktime in Safari

Page: 1

Author Post
tlaloc58
Floatbox works fine for me in FF or IE, but in Safari, when the link is a .mov file something is wrong and they are not loading. I suspect that must be because safari and quicktime, being both owned by apple, must have some weird propietary aproach for that. I don't like iframes so I'm not bothering in doing the html for that. I already had that until I found floatbox. Again this is only for animations. In safari, graphic files seem to work fine. And since safari is not that popular, Im not going to worry but just wondering if someone had a similar situation. Thanks.
tlaloc58
Just wanted to mention. My safari version is 3.1.2 and running in a mac with leopard. I also tried the demo at the Floatbox home with the same result.
afrenyo
I can confirm the behavior: no mov loads when using the demo link.

Safari 3.1.2 (5525.20.1)
OS X 10.5.5
QT 7.5.5 (249.13)
Administrator
Confirmed with Safari 3.1 on OS X 10.4 as well.
The exact same object code seems to work fine on that platform when loaded as an iframe instead of direct.

I've added a "quicktime in an iframe" sample to my demo page immediately below the direct quicktime sample. At least for now, it looks like that's how you have to load quicktime to support Safari on a Mac.
tlaloc58
Well, I have decided to retake the iframe aproach, sadly IE does something weird with quicktime. When it reloads .mov files a second time they loose the control panel for quicktime. This problem is solved by wrapping html around the .mov file. This has nothing to do with Floatbox of course. For compatibility sake I will use the iframe.

I'm using IE 7.

Page: 1