A big thank you, and a wish

Page: 1

Author Post
Krilin
Hi. First and foremost. Thank you for this great script. It is by far the best ?lightbox? I have come across.
And the support given here, WOW. Just great.

So to my little wish (or maybe it?s not that small).
I was wondering if it is possible to implement a function to show thumbnails of all the pictures in a group, at the bottom of the floatbox when the mouse is over the lower region off the picture.
If you don?t understand what I mean you can take a look at http://www.clearbox.hu/ to see an example.

Again thank you for all your hard work.
Administrator
Tusen takk for the kind words and the Norwegian translation.

That's an interesting idea, having a scrollable display of thumbnails available for galleries. You've got me thinking about integrating something like that. If I do, it will likely be a separate add-on in its own javascript and css files so as not to bloat the core floatbox for people who don't want the thumbnail display. I'm sure there's many folks who already think I've bloated floatbox with too many features.

I certainly wouldn't implement in the same manner as clearbox. I don't like the way it blanks out the main image and overlays it with other stuff. How I picture this working in floatbox is as a separate horizontal window of thumbnails pegged to the top left corner (or centered along the top) that would be scrollable with mouse drags.

It's not something that will show up soon, and it may never happen, but I'm glad you raised the idea.
Krilin
And he writes Norwegian to?. Is there no end to what this man can do? ;)

I?m glad I triggered your mind a little.
It sounds like a good idea to make it like a add-on, and i like the way you think about implementing it.

Fingers crossed. :D
astro-logix
Did you go any further with this? Sounds like something I would find very useful!

Cheers,
Rob
http://www.astro-logix.com
Administrator
I implemented index links, which is sort of similar. Check out the "Include Index Links" sample on the Images tab of the demo page.
MiMiC
Firstly, as this is my first post, I would like to extend some kudos for the work on these scripts. Very nice!

I would actually like to see this feature more like you described it.

How I picture this working in floatbox is as a separate horizontal window of thumbnails pegged to the top left corner (or centered along the top) that would be scrollable with mouse drags.

This would allow a visitor to easily skim all the images much like JAlbum has HERE

Page: 1