Floatbox with Flash Video File Size

Page: 1

Author Post
montyc
I don't have much experience using Floatbox or Flash video .swf files, so I want to check my understanding of something. It seems to me that if I use a thumbnail for people to click on that would bring up a Floatbox window with the Flash video in it (with progressive download), the page would have a smaller file size than it would if I were to embed the video .swf file in the page without Floatbox. Am I correct? And if so, if I used Floatbox with several videos in the page, would this only increase the page file size by the total size of all the thumbnails?
Administrator
The page file size consists of just the text/html content delivered to the client. There is little text size difference between the code to embed a flash object on a page and the code to open a flash object in floatbox. The swf file is separate from the page it is embedded on or opened from. The swf file is of course the same size regardless of how it is invoked. The difference is the timing of the transfer of that swf file to the client. When embedded on the page, the transfer of the swf file begins as soon as the text/html part of the page has completed loading. When showed inside a floatbox, the swf file is transferred at the time the floatbox is invoked by the user. There is no meaningful difference on the total bytes transferred under the two scenarios.
montyc
Thank you for your fast response. I understand how the page file is effected now.

Page: 1