IE6 Form Submitting Issue

Page: 1

Author Post
lthomas1
Hi,

First of all, great software! I love it ... just like everyone else does.

My issue is ...

I create a fb from a link on the parent page which launches a php page which contains more links. Those links launch another fb which contains a form. When the form is submitted to itself, a database is updated using php. Once the form is submitted, if I click outside of the form (to close the fb), a javascript error arises in IE6 but doesn't in Mozilla. The page then becomes hung. If I click the close link inside the fb, it closes. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Larry
Administrator
Yuck, that sounds ugly. I've never seen behaviour like that or heard it reported before.

Does IE6 show the little broken icon in the lower left corner, and if so can you get a line number and error message out of that?

Here's the best way I know to sort it out. I would need you to point your floatbox.js and floatbox.css include lines on a test page to the js and css files on my test server. Then I'd need a url on your site where I can replicate and slice and dice the problem by putting probes in my test site code.

But there's a rub. My main dev machine is crashed hard right now and won't start, so I can't do this until I get that damn box fixed. Do you want to proceed this way and can you wait a day or three?

In my next life I'm going to work with horses, not computers.
lthomas1
Thank you for such a quick response ... I've noticed your response times to other posts have been quick as well and everyone appreciates it.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to wait on you to get your server back up but definitely appreciate you willing to offer the help.

It seems in IE6 only, that when I load another fb from one that if the 2nd fb contains a form, once submitted, it loses where its at. As a workaround, I now launch the 2nd fb in a different fb and not the same fb as the 1st. Then it works in IE6. This will be fine for me but I hope you have time soon to look into this strange behavior.

Again, thank you so much for such an awesome tool.

Regards,

Larry

:P

Page: 1