YouTube and navOverlayWidth

Page: 1

Author Post
stelrp
I have notced that navOverlayWidth doesn't apply to youtube content.
Please take a look at the following page:
http://www.4parchitects.com/presentationvid2.htm

and click at the animated.gif right end, it is a slideshow floatbox of two youtube files.

I have set the slideInterval:590 secs in order to meet the first video duration, However when it finishes it doesn't go to the next.
I have also set slideInterval:70 to meet the second video duration, but it doesn't restart the slideshow from the beginning first video,

or am I missing someting again!
Administrator
Hey hey! I see you got full-screen working.
But I can't believe you're making me wait 10 minutes to see if your slideshow clicks over. :?
Three and half minutes to go...........

Yup, it clicked over just fine to the second video in the slideshow. Did you fix something?

But please note, you can not set different intervals for different items in a slideshow. The interval is global and applies to the duration of each item shown in a slideshow set. So in your case, if you click on the item with a 70 second interval, you will get 70 seconds for each item. If you click on the item set for a 590 second slideshow, you get 590 seconds for each item. So when you say the second doesn't restart from the beginning of the first, it probably does, but not until 9 minutes and 50 seconds pass.

I really question whether more than .001% of the viewers will watch the entire 11 minutes. (And then you're looping it so they can watch it all again?!) But if you think they will, you should consider getting an flv editor, splicing the two movies together, and posting them to youtube as a single unit.

Oh yes, and the overlay nav stuff only works with images. There is no overlay navigation for html content (anything that's not an image) because the mouse generally (or at least often) needs to interact with that content.
« Last edit by admin on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:35 am. »

Page: 1