Bug report.

Page: 1

Author Post
nisse
It does not center correctly, it?s 5px to much to the left when i have turned off shadows and rounded corners.

Also, the centerOnresize works, but it does not respect boxTop, so the floatbox will jump to the center of the page.
Administrator
I'm glad you reported this nisse. While 5px off doesn't sound like much to worry about, it's a symptom that the positioning algorithms are not quite right. I took a look at the code and got it straightened out. It's now returning correct positioning results. But more satisfying is, the position code is now a little smaller and simpler - usually a good sign that you're getting it right.

I couldn't reproduce your centerOnResize jumps to the center, so I must have been testing in different circumstances or a different sequence than you. However, while I was cleaning up the main positioning code, I improved the centering algorithm as well. Wherever it was jumping for you before, I'm fairly sure it can't now. Let me know.

I've posted a new zip-file of 3.50 up on the site with these changes (and a couple of other very minor improvements) in it. I know this isn't official release management process, but these positioning improvements don't warrant a new release and nor does it make sense to leave them out. Re-download, and let me know if you find joy please.
nisse
Just tested it, and it fixed the 5px left, but instead added another bugg ;)

Now it does not respect topBox:0 and adds 5px to the top.
Administrator
Not sure I count that as a bugg. More like a design choice. Aesthetically, floatbox likes to keep the box just a little bit away from the edges and 5px is the gap setting it uses.

But I suppose if you specifically asked for 0px in your options, I should let that over-ride the gap preference. So I've made that small change.

Cheers...
nisse
Thank you very much.

I have a background that matches the overlayed floatbox, that is why i need exact center and exact top settings :)

Page: 1