Trigger, open a Floabox using Java Script.

Page: 1

Author Post
If I use a html URL, it get two windows open, one being the iFrame the software generates. So I thought that I would try using JavaScript.. I am guessing that I will need some html code added to link to the JS. I am suing Simlab Composer, where it will open the Floatbox inside a WebGL..

Does anyone know how this might be possible..??

Tesselaar..
Administrator
The Floatbox API function fb.start() is the way to invoke a floatbox from script. See the API Reference for invocation details. Also take a look at the source code for the Google Maps example on the 'Hi-Tech' tab of the demo page. The map uses its own API call google.maps.event.addListener() to attach the fb.start call to the marker. I don't know what the equivalent code attachment looks like in Simlab, but it is no doubt similar.
Hi there.. Well, I gave it a go.. I tried to add fb.start() but sad to say my coding skills are very low.. :'( Perhaps after Simlab feel that Floatbox is a great addition, they might work out how to add it without the extra iFrame. I agree it does not look perfect but for now it will have to do.. I will continue to play with it. I am sure it is possible.

Thank you...
Hi there... What would be the fb.start code to open a html page.. I was thinking that if I bypass the other option to open a html, it would not open an iFrame, only my content..

Thank you..

Page: 1