Trouble with Ajax Pop-Ups on Mac devices.

Page: 1

Author Post
I am having trouble with Ajax Pop-Ups on Mac devices. Everything displays properly on PC's with all major browsers and Android devices. It even displays properly on the Mac simulators available on the web. When used with an actual Mac device (Iphone or Ipad) the information doesn't wrap and remain within the box. Click Here to view a screen shot from a Mac device.

Here is a link to a sample screen. Just click on Sample 1 or Sample 2.

https://www.schuckman-test.com/test_mac/

I am not that familiar with Mac devices, so possibly I'm missing something.
Administrator
The screenshot looks zoomed to me. It's possible that the user will need to scroll and/or pinch-zoom back to normal to read everything. Note also that you are requesting an 800px width on a device that I believe has a 375px display width. Perhaps better behaviour could be found by setting maxWidth:800 instead. Also, you may have to throw in the towel and set autoFit:false for mobile devices and let the floatbox be larger than the screen. You could do this in the html type section of fbOptions.js, or in the link's options with data-fb-options="mobile:`autoFit:false`"

There's a lot of speculation in the above because I no longer have easy access to any real iOS devices for testing.
Thanks for your reply. I cannot pinch to change the "zoom". I need to scroll to view the entire message.

I also don't have access to any real iOS devices for testing. I'll try some of your suggestions and then try to find someone with an iOS device for testing.

If any of you Mac users have solved this problem, I would appreciate your comments.
I finally found an iPhone to perform some testing. The use of maxWidth instead of width fixed the problem.

Just goes to show you that those emulators/compatibility testers are not that comprehensive.

I looked at previous revisions of my code from a couple of years back. I had attempted to use maxwidth but it didn't function properly. This time around I discovered that maxWidth is not the same as maxwidth.

Page: 1