Make videos start playing automatically?

Page: 1

Author Post
I have a simple html link (no picture) for an MP4/webm video that I want to display using floatbox (v6.1.0). When I click the link the floatbox comes into view with the HTML5 player (I think) loaded, but the video doesn't start playing until I click the 'Play' button. How do I get it to start playing automatically as soon as floatbox shows?

Note: for testing purposes I've pared the link down to just this:
<a href="vt/myVideo.mp4" class="floatbox" data-fb-options="width:640 height:500">Play my Video</a>
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I've just noticed that the video I'm being served is the webm rather than the mp4. I think this must be down to my web host (1and1) because I know from the first link on this page that my browser (Firefox) plays MP4s okay.
Administrator
First step is to download and install the updated v6.1.0 video play, described and linked to in this forum topic.

If that resolves your issue, we're done. If it does not, please get back to me and we'll dig deeper.
I downloaded and installed 6.1.0 on Thu (Jan 29) – update from 4.0 – has it been updated since then?
Administrator
The video player component has been updated and is a separate download from the posted 6.1.0 release. Please follow that linked topic.
Got it. Yes, that's worked, thanks!

Page: 1