close button overlay to look like magnify or prev/next

Page: 1

Author Post
amosgoldbaum
how do i make the close button overlayed over the image instead of in the control area?
also, less importantly i set the options to outside click closes but it doesn't work. any fixes to these issues?
Administrator
Sorry, you can't put the close button over top of the image. It displays only in the control area. (As an aside, I personally don't like lightbox clones that overlay their controls on top of the image. The display is supposed to be about the content, not the interface, and it seems aesthetically rude to me to place my controls over top of someone else's images.)

I've never heard of nor seen clicking on the overlay failing to close the box when outsideClickCloses is set to true. If you can point me to an online example of this behaviour, I'll take a look and see what the reason is in your case.

Cheers...
amosgoldbaum
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll live with the close in the control area. It just looks kinda funny because the resize button is over the image and doesnt line up with the close button. oh well. this is my site where the click to close doesn't work: http://www.amosgoldbaum.com/Boxes.html

thanks!
Administrator
Ah, I see. You're trying to run with no border at all, hence the need to overlay everything on the image. Yeah, sorry, floatbox can't do that with the close button.

Note that the resizer is overlayed on the image only in Opera, because Opera can't display custom cursors. All other browsers use a magnify glass custom icon for resizing.

There's two reasons why outside click is not working for you. The first is, you have outsideClickCloses:false set in the default options in your floatbox.js file.

The second reason is a little more subtle. You have overlayOpacity:0 in the floatbox default options. When this is set to 0, there is no overlay. If you want it to exist and be clickable but also be invisible, set overlayOpacity to a very small value like .0001
amosgoldbaum
Thanks! the overlayOpacity was the problem. I have been looking for a custimizable lightbox for a while and floatbox is awesome.

Thanks again!

Page: 1