Caption text not white

Page: 1

Author Post
nCubed
I'm using the Dec '08 release with pretty much everything straight out of the box. Everything works great, except the caption text is much too dark and is barely readable. Is there a setting I can use that will force the caption text to white?

Here's an example:
http://www.earthworksmachinery.com/move?Inv&ID=1028

Thanks!
::k::
Administrator
The color is being set from your emc_global.css file. In particular,
body, div, td, p, ol, ul, li {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
font-style: normal;
color: #2F2F2F;
}

You're telling every div to display its text in dark grey, and this includes the floatbox caption div. I can make the floatbox.css more specific to over-ride that in the next version. In the meantime, try pulling "div" out of that css rule. I don't think that will effect your site's appearance as those styles are being set through a bunch of other element types as well.

If you end up needing the caption over-ride mod for floatbox.css, let me know, but please try dropping div from that rule first.
nCubed
That make sense, indeed! I wrote this site back in 2001 and have vague recollections of where the div element is being used, but I vaguely recall it being used in one or two places.

Is there a parent div container (ID maybe?) that is wrapping the floatbox that I can implicitly declare the white text for the caption?

btw - thanks for the great script! Much more intuitive to use than lightbox. I've used it in a couple of sites and it literally has taken less than 15 minutes to deploy. Well done!

Thanks!
Administrator
Damn. I hoped you'd try it without the global div style.

Ok. In floatbox.css there's 6 long lines (around line #251?) that begin with
#fbBox .fbInfoPanel_<color>,
Change the first references on each of those lines to
#fbBox .fbCaptionDiv_<color>,
Change only the first reference on each line. Leave the following ones alone as they are (.fbInfoPanel...)
nCubed
:-) OK, I'll remove the div style...

Done...
http://www.earthworksmachinery.com/move?Inv&ID=1028

Works like a charm!

ps - thanks for the implicit method as well.

Page: 1