resize

Page: 1

Author Post
Is there a way to maintain the size in a slideshow when the user changed to 100%?

Mike
Administrator
Sorry, I don't understand.
Normaly pictures fit to the screenheight. If somebody prefere the full size and change to full size, the next picture fits to the screenheight again. Here the fullsize should remain.

mike
Administrator
Ah, when the user enlarges the image to its native size. I thought you might have been referring to maximizing the browser window.

Default image resizing in current versions has the image enlarge within a stationary floatbox whose frame area does not change size. The floatbox size remains adjusted to the browser window size and the image "zooms" inside it.

Older versions of Floatbox did not have this behaviour and the entire floatbox would grow with the image and become larger than the browser window. In these older versions, the stickyAutoFit option could be set to true to cause subsequent images in a gallery set to be shown at their native size, even if this is larger than the browser window.

The stickyAutoFit option does not exist in the current version as it does not make sense in the context of an image that is resizing within the confines of an unchanging floatbox frame.
As I understand - it is not possible to leave a slideshow at native size, when a user changed one image to native size?

Mike
PS: When the native size is bigger than the browser window.

mike
Administrator
It is not possible in current versions where image resizing is done inside a static floatbox frame that does not change size.

It is possible in older versions that resized the entire floatbox by setting stickyAutoFit:true.
static floatbox frame that does not change size

But the floatbox is resized when I click on Resize in the floatbox??

Mike
Administrator
Then you're probably using an older version of Floatbox and can therefore set the stickyAutoFit option.
I use 6.0.2 - and now?

mike
Administrator
And now, 6.0.2 does not have the stickyAutoFit option. Consider leaving inFrameResize at its default value of true and allow the images to resize up inside a static floatbox frame that does not change when enlarging the images. Or set autoFit:false and allow the floatbox to always be larger than the browser window.
I made two links, one for autoFit: true and one for false. inFrameResize I have false. A lot of my users opens a slideshow with autoFit:true. When they come to an interesting part of the slideshow they enlarge to native size. After this part they switch back to autoFit. Now they must enlarge each image after going forward.

It would be great to have an option, that with true maintains the last size - like changing autoFit while the box is open.

mike
Administrator
I've reinstated stickyAutoFit in the next release (6.1.0). It behaves the way you describe, and takes effect only when inFrameResize is set to false.
Thanks - a great help.

Mike

Page: 1