Bug in Chrome -> addVideoThumb

Page: 1

Author Post
As the title says.

Floatbox works perfectly, images, videos and all... on firefox, opera, internet explorer but NOT chrome.

On Chrome images works, pdf works, everything except videos.

And I'm talking about the videothumb, it just doesn't show up.

take a look here (with chrome)

http://hardware.tecnogaming.com/2010/07/sentey-hard-blue-power-1100w/3/

Scroll down to the bottom.

The title Sentey HBP 1100W on the bottom is actually a Video.

If you click on that video it will open up the video but Chrome will jump with a Uncaught SyntaxError: An invalid or illegal string was specified.

with the address: www-widgetapi-vflMWcllz.js:22

which is clearly the youtube API trying to get the videothumb

This works on every browser except chrome.

I've been hours on end trying to fix it to no avail.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

I'm using wordpress with standard <script> insert.
Here, take a look:

http://games.tecnogaming.com/2013/05/se-filtran-videos-con-jugabilidad-de-gran-turismo-6/

This website I still didn't update it and uses floatbox 5.3.4 and video preview works perfectly.

Maybe it is usefull to check how to fix it.
Administrator
Hi Alex.

Sorry, I don't understand the problem.

addVideoThumb:medium is set in your options.js file and the youtube thumbnail is appearing on the page in that "Sentey HBP 1100W" link with the play button overlayed, so no problem there.

When I click the thumbnail the youtube video opens in a Floatbox and plays, so no problem there.

If the floatbox is closed while the video is playing, the youtube player throws that error you mentioned, but this is completely harmless. It shows up in the debug console but has no affect on the appearance or operation of the page, the video, or the floatbox. This logged error has nothing to do with the fetching of the video thumb as it occurs long after that fetch has completed.

Testing was done against your page using Chrome v30.
DAFUQ?

Haha then my chrome is completely bugged..

I am sure I clean up the cache and this is still happening.

Will going to reinstall it.

Thank you so much !
Just so you know.

I've been all night yesterday trying to make this work, I completely clean up the Chrome cache and this dam bug was still showing up.

I removed chrome and reinstall it, BINGO, works like a charm.

SO, for future reference, when something misbehave on chrome and you can't seem to fix it, reinstall it. That goes to anyone having strange problems.

Page: 1