IE6 Compatibility

Page: 1

Author Post
I am not sure how much important IE6 compatibility is to you, but I am proposing this anyways. The reason that I am proposing this is because shadows do not work in ie6. So if we tried out any of the major png fixes for ie6, wouldn't that be good? It would only call the png fix javascript file after the content has been loaded - so the end user does not get lagged, and it would only run if the browser is ie6. Try this. I personally like the DD_BelatedPNG Fix.

If you don't want to rely on the 3rd party fixes, I am sure, you can probably write one like that :)

See if we import this then we could do a lot of other things. Like using .png for rounded corners, add different types of shadows (not just halo), get rid of the jaggy next and previous control overlay.

If I am being completely stupid, tell me.
Administrator
Thanks for the pointer to DD_BelatedPNG fix. It works a charm, integrates easily with floatbox, and is released under a license that allows bundling with the floatbox package. Previous IE6 png solutions I've looked at wouldn't work because they don't support background positioning. This one supports that without any fuss. So the next version of floatbox has round corners and shadows (drop and halo) for all browsers, including IE6, without falling back to jaggy gifs for the corners.

Thanks again...
Hello, sorry it took so long to reply.

Always happy to help people who want to do something for the people ;)

I am so happy because the next version will have rounded corner and all sorts of stuff. I seriously thought that floatbox only lacked rounded corner. Other than that, it's perfect!

Btw, when will we see the new release?
Administrator
When the new release?
Sigh... Right now it's all torn apart and in pieces with bits rolling under the furniture and getting carried away by the dog. It's going to take a couple of weeks anyway before I gather it all back together into a new improved whole, and test it everywhere I can. It will be out in time for Christmas. I promise.
Glad to know :P. You enjoyed your trip to SE Asia, I suppose.

Hope that your dog didn't eat it, otherwise, you would have to ... look at the source code of ... poop. :)

Anyways, keep working. As again, just email me if you need any help (I am kind of good with graphics).

Thx.

Page: 1