opacity

Page: 1

Author Post
jakols
Hello ;)

I installed floatbox to test it but I don't succeed in having a transparent overlay. Opacity is however regulated by default in 55 in the floatbox.js
Why my frame remains "opaque" ?
Thank you for your help and "Happyyyy New Year" :D
Administrator
I don't know. This is not something I've seen before. Is it all browsers? Is there an online example where I could take a look?
jakols
Thanks for your answer ;)
I test it in place but i can try to load it during this day.
I test it since a flash animation. Perhaps it's the problem ?!?!

I'll give you the link then it's online ;)

Thanks
@ +
jakols
ok... you can look at this link
It's the same thing in Firefox or IE
my animation disappears before the coming of FB
Here, I use the fb.css and fb & framebox.js by default.
If I adapt them for my theme, it's the same thing
Thanks for your help ;)
Administrator
Ahh, opacity of the background is not 100% - it just looks that way.
Your entire page content is a flash object. hideFlash is at its default setting of true. So when the floatboxed link is clicked, the flash object is hidden and then the overlay is displayed. Since the underlying page is now blank, it might appear that the overlay is hiding everything. It's not, there's just nothing left to show through.

If you set a wmode of opaque or transparent on your flash object, you can then set hideFlash to false and things will appear as you expect them to.
ventus
everything is working fine for me. I've tested it in Opera 9.63, Fx 3, IE7. I haven't noticed any problem with overlay or anything else.

But what have notices is that you have mess in your HTML code. When you write DOCTYPE for XHTML 1.0 strict, then keep in mind to write whole code in this standard. You should use some tutorial for XHTML. For example tag "center" is undefined in XHTML. You should use CSS styles for centering, eg.
<div style="margin: 0 auto;">content to be centered</div>

For embeding FLASH you need just 3 lines (example):

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="gk.swf" width="480" height="100">
<param name="movie" value="gk.swf" />
</object>

best regards,
ventus
jakols
Okkkk ! It's great :P
Thanks a lot for your precious help...
And thanks too for the Floatbox...
I continue to test the differents possibilities.
@+++

Page: 1