Floatbox version 7 touch problem on Android tablet.

Page: 1

Author Post
I just installed a test instance of floatbox version 7.1.1. Several functions work fine but I am having a problem in one area. On the live page that is running version 6, in the "The Schedule Matrix" area, when I hover my mouse pointer over the intersection of a name and a date (example 7a-F) on a desktop computer or I touch the intersection on my tablet, the league match information is properly displayed. When I attempt the same thing with version 7 on the test page, the desktop functions properly but on the tablet a touch brings up a Google "touch to search" window and it displays the Google search results at the bottom of the screen for whatever I have touched (instead of the match results next to where I have touched). Other areas of the page such as touching the blue "i" icon next to a name (to display a photo) function properly on the tablet.

Here is the test link http://www.racquetball-league.com/league/2016-winter-hsv_1/tester_web.php#schedule_matrix

Here is the live link http://www.racquetball-league.com/league/2016-winter-hsv_1/#schedule_matrix

I'm running Android version 5.0.2 and using the Chrome browser.
Administrator
I can't get a "touch to search" window to display with latest Chrome on Android 5.0.2 - perhaps this a configuration preference in the browser?

But I am having trouble with 7.1.1 tooltips on that platform, including the tooltips on the Floatbox demo page. The problem is not that the tooltips are failing to open, but rather that they are opening in the wrong location, sometimes offscreen. After touching the "7a-E" entry, and before doing anything else, we can scroll the page upwards with a gentle touch-move gesture and reveal the tooltip sitting quietly down at the bottom-left corner of the page.

The solution will be to upgrade to version 7.2.0, which includes a major update to tooltips, and which tests out just fine on all tooltip samples I can find, including yours, and is due out in one or two days.
Ahh yes - Found the tooltip hiding off screen at the bottom. Scrolling up also causes the "touch to search" window to disappear.

Page: 1