boxRoundCorners Issue

Page: 1

Author Post
Whenever I use a gradient with boxRoundCorners the outer box has square corners. Is this normal?

I have this in a fbClassOptions script:

<script type="text/javascript">fbClassOptions = {myPop:"boxRoundCorners:&#039;all&#039; boxColor:#800000|#121212 outerBorderColor:#22a8f5 innerBorderColor:#2090ff textColor:#203870 strongTextColor:#800000 boxCornerRadius:50 contentCornerRadius:36",};</script>

If I drop the second boxColor and use boxColor:#121212 it works fine. The radius is intentionally exaggerated for this example.
Administrator
This is expected behaviour and by design. The purpose is to provide consistent appearance across all browsers, including IE 7 & 8 which use filters for the gradient and VML for the round corners. There's no way to make those filters and VML thingies cooperate, so square corners are enforced with gradients.

Yes, I know this is overkill and that Floatbox should square the corners only for old IE, but that's not what it does.

The upcoming version 7 is friendlier in this regard in that it simply doesn't apply gradient filters to old IE. Instead, the box background is set to the average of the two gradient colours and everybody gets to keep their round corners.

Coming to a download page near you soon...
Thanks. I thought I was messing up somewhere.

Page: 1