Navigational Controls

Page: 1

Author Post
I have a menu that uses floatbox to display an html gallery. The <<prev||next>> controls show but I've been unable to get graphical controls to work.

Can this be done, and if so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Administrator
Do you mean that when you click <<prev || next>> nothing happens? If so, please link me into a live page with this behaviour and I'll figure out why.

Or do you mean you are building your own custom prev and next controls, inserted either into one of the captions or the html content? If so, look into hooking the API fb.showItem function to those controls. See the API reference for details.
No. <<prev || next>> works fine. I'm using web pages as the gallery and the arrows don't overlay the web page like it does an image. I'd don't know how to turn them on in a web gallery like in a image gallery.
Administrator
Oh, what I call the overlay nav - the built in widgets that can appear over image galleries. You can't get those to appear over html content because they would block user interaction with the html page - clicking links, filling form fields, etc. They are available only for image galleries.
Gotcha. Makes sense now. Thanks.
Can <<prev || next>> links be changed to graphical links?
Administrator
They are graphical links already. They display background images defined in the css and loaded from the graphics folder.

Setting "controlsType:international" in the options will give alternate prev, next, play, pause and close controls that don't include the English text on them and use alternate graphics elements. In my opinion, the 'international' controls look better than the 'en' ones.

Page: 1