Problem Firefox and floatbox 6.0.4

Page: 1

Author Post
Hai,

I'm having a weird problem: loading my images in the latest version of Firefox is going wrong after 2 or 3 images. The first images are loading in one step completely, after 2,3 or 4 images the images are loading in two parts: the upper part of the image on top and a black part below... a moment later the black part shows the rest of the image.

Everything is fine in IE 11 and the latest version of Chrome, so only in Firefox this loading in two steps is a fact. I already tried the resize the images to smaller ones, nothing works.

Hope someone can help,

Rob
Administrator
I've received another report of this with Firefox 35. That report included a link to an example page where the problem was occurring. My instance of version Firefox 35.0.1 is behaving just fine on that sample page.

With Floatbox working fine in all other browsers, other versions of Firefox, and some instances of this version of Firefox, it's safe to say it's not a Floatbox problem. The problem can't be fixed with a Floatbox coding change and switching Floatbox versions will not help.

Try your page running Firefox in safe mode to see if it's an addon problem. Alt key to open the menu, select help --> restart with addons disabled.... If that fixes it, you could take the additional step of disabling addons one at a time until finding the culprit.

Also make sure you have not disabled Firefox's cache. Some developers do this by setting options-->advanced-->network-->limit cache to 0 or by other means for testing purposes. If I turn off my Firefox cache, the images on the example page break up when transitioning because they are being fetched a second time from the network during the transition. With caching enabled, everything is fine (for me).

A last thought - I've only seen Firefox behave like this when it re-fetches the image a second time from the server while it is trying to render it. If the cache headers sent by the server with the image prevent local browser caching, then you can pretty much guarantee this sort of trouble.
« Last edit by admin on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:05 am. »
Thanks for the reply, glad it's not floatbox or the programming of my site.
I followed your suggestion to use the safe mode.... and indeed no problem.
But even with all the addons and plugins disabled the problem is still there. Guess we'll have to wait for a new version of Firefox... :evil:
Same behavior here - works perfectly in Safe Mode, but not with add-ons disabled manually. Must be related to one of the browser's user settings. No sense in refreshing Firefox now (i.e. restoring all settings to default), sine I am waiting for FF 37 in order to switch to 64-bit anyway. I'll just live with it until late March...

Thank you for the support though, I really appreciate it! :D

Page: 1