Floatbox span wrapping around area element

Page: 1

Author Post
I know you guys don't like code snippets, but it helps explain the problem. We are using an older version of Floatbox (haven't had time to do the full regression testing of the most current version) and this may be fixed in a newer version of FB:

<map id="foo" name="foo">
<area class="tab_nav" coords="0,0,211,60" shape="rect" title="features" alt="" href="#slide1">
<area class="tab_nav" coords="228,0,439,60" shape="rect" title="technology" alt="" href="#slide2">
<area class="tab_nav" coords="474,0,685,60" shape="rect" title="construction" alt="" href="#slide3">
<span id="fb_5" class="fbWrapper" style="display: inline-block; position: relative;">
<area id="fb_4" class="floatbox naked" title="Learn More" shape="rect" href="http://youtu.be/foo" data-fb-options="width:664 height:374 autoEndVideo:false contentScroll:false autoFit:true" coords="481,103,944,414" alt="Learn More">
</span>
</map>

As you can see, the last area tag is getting wrapped by a span of class fbWrapper and a style of "display:inline-block;". This seems to be causing a problem with the vertical spacing below the image (adding about 20px to the bottom of the image). When using Firebug, I can change that to "display:block;" and the vertical spacing issue goes away.

Is there a solve for this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Jym McMurdo
Administrator
I think the first step forward is to replace the older Floatbox release with the latest version.

It seems very odd that the area element is getting wrapped. I can see nothing in the code snippet that could trigger this behaviour, and I can't replicate it by copying the relevant bits into my test area maps either.

I would be very interested in seeing a live page that exhibits this behaviour. I suspect that either the code snippet is not an accurate reflection of the real page, or that the problematic markup lies outside the snippet. This turns out to be true in the majority of debug-by-snippet cases.

I'm pretty sure the latest version will behave fine, and there is nothing to be gained from chasing bugs that appear only in older versions.

Cheers...

Page: 1