ajax question regarding height & scroll bars

Page: 1

Author Post
Dear Admin,

please explain me the best combination/practice for having a ajax floatbox with following features:
- fb height should not exceed a limited maximum height 'maxContentHeight'
- fb height should be as small as possible if content height is smaller than 'maxContentHeight'
- when content is heigher than 'maxContentHeight' the scroll bars should come automatic (contentScroll: true) to scroll inside the box.

as it seems, the 'maxContentHeight' limits the height of the box and doesn't trigger the scroll bars. so the exceeding content is gone like with css overflow without scroll bars.

thanks and best regards,
wolfgang
Administrator
It sounds like you might be looking for a maxBoxHeight setting, which does not exist. It *may* get added into the next release.

Currently, the floatbox will size itself to the content height (if no 'height' option is set) and/or to the screen size if the 'autoFit' option is left at its default of true.

The presence of scrollbars is controlled by the 'contentScroll' option. The default for this is 'auto' which will leave it up to the browser to show scrollbars or not as it sees fit. Most browsers will show scrollbars only when needed to reach overflowed content.

Neither by design nor in my testing does setting maxContentHeight prevent scrollbars from appearing if they are needed, provided that the contentScroll option has not been set to false.
« Last edit by admin on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:43 pm. »
thanks for your explanation, which describes exactly what i experienced.
So i ask kindly for the feature
'maxBoxHeight'

in the comming next version, which would make the dynamic use of fb-sizing much more sexy and proper fitted for ajax content :)

cheers,
Wolfgang

Page: 1