Vimeo Plus Account outro not auto ending

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi,

I have had a look but can't find anything regarding my problem.

I have a Vimeo Plus account and the options for an embedded video allow me to select an outro. The problem I am having is once a video finishes playing in the floatbox player it does not autoend and remains on the screen (because of this outro setting which I can't get around).

I have partially rectified the problem using the setTimeout function and entering the time length of the video. The problem is if someone loads the video in HD, due to the loading time, floatbox will close before the video finishes.

Was there anything I can do to override this outro on an embedded vimeo video with floatbox?

Thanks
Administrator
I don't think there's anything we can do for this - at least not currently.

Floatbox subscribes to the Vimeo API messages and will close when it sees a message containing "event":"finish". If the Vimeo service does not send that message at the desired time, the auto-end cannot occur.

If you can link me to a Vimeo video that exhibits this behaviour, I'd like to monitor the messages it sends to see if there's something else in addition to the finish event that a future Floatbox version might listen for.
Thanks for the quick response.

Did you want a link to a vimeo video on the vimeo site or an example from my website?

Thanks!
Administrator
The vimeo link, or even just the video id, will do just fine thanks.
http://vimeo.com/45553341

Thanks
Administrator
Maybe I don't understand what an "outro" is. When I play that video in Floatbox, it shows a continuous video 3:04 long. When it reaches the end, the floatbox closes automagically. It does not remain on the screen as you report. I wonder if maybe you're using an older version of Floatbox or have turned the autoEndVideo setting off?
Thanks for the response.

autoEnd isn't set to false. I'm building a new website (to overtake the current website) using the new floatbox however my current website uses version 5.0.0. I have tried it with both versions as well.

It seems the vimeo api isn't sending the message. It may be outro is sending a message saying beginning which is over riding the event finish but I'm not sure.

Thanks
Administrator

Using the current Floatbox version, the Vimeo API messages are received and the floatbox is closing when the end message is received. See it in action from the following link...

click me !!!

The html for that link is:
<a href="http://vimeo.com/45553341" class="floatbox">click me !!!</a>

If you can link me into the page you're working on, I'll take a look and determine why it's behaving differently.

Thanks so much for getting back so soon!

I should have it up in a couple of days so I will send through the link.

Learning heaps from your posts.

Thanks again
Hi,

It is working now.

Thanks for your help!

Page: 1