ipad no X close button?

Page: 1

Author Post
What do I need to do to get the (X) close button to appear for ipads :shock: ?
Administrator
I haven't seen any instances or other reports of the controls not appearing on ipads, so have no clue what's happening in your case. We'll need more info if we're going to dig into it.

If you're using an old version of Floatbox, please upgrade to the latest/greatest and see if the problem goes away.

Have you tested on more than one ipad? How about when you view the demo page here: are things ok on this site?
Hmm, It works on my site http://http://www.cffpilot.com/x1.php then go to instructor list and the pictures have the close tag in the upper right.

On my other site http://www.tso-apt.com click the Hangars button on the left and on an ipad the close (X) doesn't appear?
I updated www.tso-apt.com to floatbox_610. Getting a buy subscription now? Is there an additional charge?
However, I still don't have the close (X)
Administrator
There is no additional charge for version upgrades. Checking your pages now, it looks like you are setup ok with the correct license keys added to the new options.js files.

As to the original no close problem, I'm pretty sure what you are seeing is the page on the second site opening in a new window, rather than in a floatbox. The first example fits on the screen without scrollbars so is displayed in a floatbox on iOS devices. The second example does not fit the screen and so requires scrolling to see all its content. There are long-standing issues with Safari on iOS and scrolling inside page elements. To bypass these issues, the default Floatbox behaviour is to open scrollable content on iOS in a new window. This behaviour can be turned off by setting "mobileNewWindow: false", forcing all content to be shown inside a floatbox and not in a new window.

Please let me know if my guess about what you are seeing turn out to be wrong.
Sorry, I've got a blind spot om this one?? I'm definitely over looking something obvious.
I put your script in: mobileNewWindow: false. No joy.
Floatbox opens in all browsers correctly, but not not with floatbox on my ipad.
www.tso-apt.com -- top left tag about Hangars and repeated down a on left as well. Neither are opening up in floatbox on my ipad but they open just fine on my desktop in all browsers??
My ipad opens floatbox on your Demo page just fine.
Administrator
I don't think I'll be able to help with this one. It sounds like a problem with one browser on one site. It looks like you'll have to do the slicing and dicing to figure why that browser+site combination is different than others.

Things to try:

Make sure your iPad's browser cache is clear and its configuration is stock, with no unusual plugins or a debugger running.

You could move that link over to the site where everything is working fine and see how it behaves there. If it's ok there, then can start asking what's different on the original page.

There's a number of errors being thrown by your page when it loads, including a couple of 'gooeymenu' javascript errors. It's probably a good idea to eliminate those errors on the off chance that they are interfering with the Floatbox script.

Page: 1