Unwanted border

Page: 1

Author Post
I've just upgraded to Floatbox 6.1.0 and at the same time I took to opportunity to modify the styling of my floatboxes to get a more up-to-the-minute look. Generall I very pleased with the "frameless" result but I noticed a small residual border hanging around that I can't get rid of.

A sample page to look at is https://www.littlehotels.co.uk/canaries/casa-volcan.php. Just click on the main photo to open the floatbox photo slideshow. While the animation is happening there is a fine black border round the whole of the photo (I tracked that down to img:first-child,.fbPopleft img:first-child,.fbPopright img:first-child,.fbPopcenter img:first-child,a .fbPopper in floatbox.css) and also a white border outside of that up the lefthand side which flashed on and off at the end of the animation. Any idea how to get rid of the white bit?

In passing, I have also noticed the first opening of the floatbox in Firefox is very jerky. It seems OK in Chrome and Edge.
Administrator
In general, you'll be much better off if you use the options for altering appearance rather than trying to tweak the css. The floatbox.css is not really designed for customization, you may encounter unintended consequences, and any changes made there won't survive future version upgrades.

Check out the Options Reference. There you'll find a zoomBorder option which controls the border size on the zooming thumbnail - default to 1px. I think the temporary white border you mention is the zoomBorder as well, coloured to match outerBorderColor. Set zoomBorder:0 and see if happiness follows.

My instance of Firefox is doing the animations on your page just fine, nice and smooth. Make sure you're not running Firebug as that can slow things down significantly.
Happiness has arrived! zoomBorder solved it completely.

It's also encouraging that Firefox gives you a nice animation. I'm not using Firebug, but I'll follow up the idea that an extension might be causing the problem and experiment with disabling the extensions one-by-one.

Thanks.
Administrator
In Firefox, you can hit the alt key to get the menu bar and then select "Restart with add-on disabled" from the help menu. Quick and easy.

Page: 1