iOS FB content scrolling

Page: 1

Author Post
Is there a method to get the floatbox content to scroll with iOS?. FB works beautifully in a desktop browser, scrollbars and all, but on an iPad or iPhone the content is displayed but without a way to see the all of the content when the content is larger (longer) than the FB window. I’d rather not open another window [ mobileNewWindow:true ]
I’m using FB 6.1.0.

Thanks,
Carl
Administrator
Scrolling elements on mobile Safari has always been a bit of a nightmare, and a moving target with new mobile webkit releases.

Would you mind trying a modification to your CSS and please report back as to whether it helps in your case or not?

#fbx .fbContent {
-webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;
}

There's an existing section in floatbox.css (version 6.1.0) for #fbx .fbContent where this can go, or into any other CSS attached to the page.

Also, can you please let me know what kind of content you are showing: iframe? HTML from a hidden div or AJAX fetch? some other content type?
Sorry for the delay, holidays and all…

In this case I’m using it with html files. I have 31 active licenses. They are split evenly with html, jpg, and png files.

Added line [ -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch; ] to floatbox.css
It didn’t add any scrolling to the fb windows on an iOS device.

Another fb forum suggestion was to remove the height, which I did, that took care of displaying content that was not longer than the page except in landscape.
I would rather have the ability to scroll.
Was there any solution to this? I am having issues with floatbox scrolling on iOS as well, using v6.1.

Tried adding -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch; but that did not solve it. Wondering if there is a fix and/or if I'll need to update to the latest version?
Administrator
Version 7.3 includes code that takes over html content scrolling on zoomed pages from iOS (which just can't seem to get it right). It's a little bit choppy, but probably as good as it can get on that platform.

You can test it out on scrollable html samples (and larger code listings) on the demo page on this site.

Upgrading to the latest Floatbox version is the way to get the best iOS behaviour.
OK, thank you. How involved is migrating from v6.1 to the current version? Is there a guide somewhere? As I recall there's a good amount of changes between the two.
Administrator
In a large majority of cases, upgrading involves only dropping in the new version with no changes to page markup or code. Most of the changes involve Floatbox's javascript API and code that uses that API may need to be tweaked.

All the additions, deletions and changes made are listed in the Change Log on the download page. It's probably a good idea to read through all the version 7 changes to see in advance if anything affects your implementation or if there's anything new that you might want to take advantage of.

Page: 1