Is tiling of floatboxes available?

Page: 1

Author Post
Is there an option of avoiding overlapping of floatboxes?
Say, I have one floatbox open and I am opening another one.
By default it is positioned in the same place and hide the preceding one.
I want to have the new box appeared on a free space.
Of course, I can order specific positions for floatboxes via boxLeft, boxTop ,
boxLeftAdjust, boxTopAdjust, but these are complicated manual operations.

Another approach (solution) to the same problem is to have an option
similar to the option attachToHost which is available for tooltips and context
boxes. I could use context boxes instead, but opening of the second context box
closes the first one. What if I want to see them together?

Thanks
Administrator
There's no options for positioning a new floatbox relative to the outer edges of another one that may be up and showing.

The four positioning options you referenced offer more flexibility than just assigning a specific placement. For example, you could place one box close to the top edge and shifted to the left a little with something like "boxTop:-100% boxLeft:-50%" and then place another box close to the bottom edge and shifted right with "boxTop:100% boxLeft:50%". How close to the viewport edge they will get can be controlled with autoFitSpace, which defaults to 5px.

If you specify an offscreen position, the box will be moved back in to the screen so that the content can be seen. This might cause the positioned boxes to overlap on small screens, but that's better than being offscreen. It is this behaviour that would allow you to push the box to, say, the screen's right edge with "boxLeftAdjust:9999" as an alternative to "boxLeft:100%".

Not also that you can set "boxLeft:click boxTop:click" to open a floatbox with its top left corner at the opening mouse click or touch location.
Thank you very much!

By the way, the options boxLeftAdjust and boxRightAdjust work not only with floatboxes, but also with tooltips and context boxes.

Is there a possibility to open a new context box keeping open another context box, that was open earlier?
Administrator
There can be only one context box (or tooltip) open at a time. This is consistent with the behaviour of the built-in tooltips and system context boxes. Standard floatboxes must be used for display of multiple persistent boxes. Note that standard floatboxes can be styled to look like the context and tooltip boxes through application of appearance options.

Page: 1