[BUG] Long click

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello,

It seems there is a bug (if it's a feature, I didn't find a way to turn it off) when long clicking (press left mouse button - wait 3 seconds - release) on a thumbnail link that should open an image in floatbox; instead, it just loads the image. The behavior is the same for video / HTML / form links, too.

You can test it on the demo page; I tested and got the same behavior in latest versions of Chrome, FF and IE.

Seems like it was introduced in 6.x; I tested on 5.50 and it works fine, opening the floatbox.

Regards,
Bogdan
Administrator
Thanks for the report.

I suppose this is not ideal behaviour, so I'll look at changing it in the next release.

It stems from trying to gain consistency between touch and mouse devices, and to not interfere with normal browser operation. Generally, if it's not a click action or touch tap, Floatbox will ignore it and let the browser handle it normally. This might be opening the context menu on a touch and hold, or dragging an element on a hold and move. The problem in the reported case is that Floatbox's idea of what constitutes a mouse click differs from the browser's interpretation when there is no movement between the mousedown and mouseup, so it ends up handled by the browser as a link click.

I'll code in an exemption for long mouse clicks, but I don't have an easy workaround or tweak to change the current release.

Page: 1