body.scrollLeft is deprecated in strict mode

Page: 1

Author Post
Viewing my console log, it looks like jquery is showing this.

body.scrollLeft is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollLeft' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollLeft' only if in quirks mode. floatbox.js:17

body.scrollTop is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollTop' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollTop' only if in quirks mode. floatbox.js:17
and another one which is an error.
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Z' of undefined core_603.js:14
Administrator
If you're experiencing a problem that requires support, please first make sure you are using the most recent Floatbox version. If the problem occurs with this version, then please link to a page online that demonstrates the problem and tell me what to look for there.
that comes in the actual version of chrome (Version 32.0.1700.76 m) together with the actual version 6.03 of floatbox:

body.scrollTop is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollTop' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollTop' only if in quirks mode.

current there is no problem with, except messing up the chrome console.log. it just comes by including floatbox.js.
Administrator
I wouldn't worry about Chrome presenting an informational message in the debug console. This one is a little bit silly and they really shouldn't be putting it up. I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears from subsequent Chrome builds. You really should be contacting the Chrome folks if you don't want them writing that message in your console.

As the message notes, the current page scroll values will sometimes appear in body.scrollTop (quirks mode pages) and sometimes in documentElement.scrollTop (standard mode pages). Floatbox is checking the body first and then the documentElement if there's no scroll on the body. This is perfectly reasonable, and necessary to read the correct scroll state in all circumstances. An alternative to trying one and then the other is to detect the page state and branch to different code paths depending on that state. This is a less desirable approach because it adds unneeded code, more opportunity for bugs, and page state detection cannot be guaranteed for all present and future browsers.

Just so folks don't burn time worrying or talking about this, I'll pull body.scrollTop out of the next Floatbox release because Floatbox does not and never will run on quirks mode pages. I'm not thrilled at doing this because I take pride in making the Floatbox code as universally correct as possible, and you cannot read correct scroll values universally without using body.scrollTop (and scrollLeft). Really, Chrome should be quiet about this because body.scrollTop can be used correctly, and is in this case.

I need to see an example page to be able to say anything useful about your reported property 'Z' error.
Hi thanks for the replies guys.

In regards to
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Z' of undefined

It seems to only appear on my beta site and not the live site. So for me all is good. Don't worry about this one :)

Thanks for the great support! And amazing plugin. :mrgreen:

Page: 1